Writing at Skelton
We use English to communicate in both written and spoken form. We use language to build our view and opinion of the world and our community. We continue to learn, develop and enhance our knowledge and understanding of English throughout our lives.
English is taught based on the National Curriculum. Reading and writing are taught daily and all children are provided with opportunities to develop and advance their skills and understanding.
With parental support, we want our children to:
• speak clearly and confidently in any situation
• listen actively and respond appropriately developing knowledge and opinion.
• read fluently for both pleasure and information
• write clearly and with confidence in any given genre
• use spelling rules, phonics and grammar accurately
• be able to proof read their own work and make changes and improvements
• respect the opinion and views of others
• make changes to improve their work