Welcome to Year 1
We would like to warmly welcome you to our Year 1 page.
Here, you will find lots of useful information about our topics, trips, learning expectations, important dates and some pictures and videos to enjoy.
We have a fantastic year of learning ahead and can’t wait to get started!
PE is on a Tuesday
Homework – We expect children to read 5 times each week at home. They will be bringing home a Read Write Inc book and a challenge book to supplement their reading.
Houses and expectations, ground rules of the year
Time travellers (6 weeks)
History and Art links
Lest we forget (2 weeks)
Let me entertain you! (5 weeks)
Enterprise, community, DT and Science links
Our Changing World (6 Weeks)
Geography, environment, community, culture links
Animal Magic (6 Weeks)
Geography, Science links
Faster, higher, stronger! (5 Weeks)
PE, British Values, Olympics, Ancient Greeks
This unit will repeat every 4 years in line with the Olympic cycle
Music, lights, action (7 Weeks)
Music & performance
• 3rd September – Return to school
• 6th September – Class photos
• 24th and 25th September – Open Evening
• 16th October – Individual photos
• 6th December – Christingle Service
• 9-10th December – Christmas performances
• 16th December – Christmas party
• 20th December – Break up
• 8th January – Return to school
Year 1 Family Welcome